Frequently Asked Questions Page
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: CLICK ON A QUESTION TO SHOW THE ANSWER - CLICK AGAIN TO HIDE IT
- Buildings, 1-9, 11, 13-16, 19-21, and 23 are within the Beaverton School District and attend McKinley Elementary School (K-5), Five Oaks Middle School (6-8), and Westview High School (9-12).
- Buildings, 10, 12, 17, 18, and 22 are within the Hillsboro School District and attend Lenox Elementary School (K-6), J.W. Poynter Middle School (7-8), and Century High School (9-12).
- All of these great schools are located within 2 miles of our community!
- TriMet bus 48-Cornell stops right outside our front entry! Hop on this bus to go to Hillsboro Transit Center, Tualaity Hospital, Hillsboro Airport, Cedar Mill, Sunset Transit Center, and more! Or, if you prefer the MAX train, the Quatama/NW 205th blue line with a park and ride option is just a 5 minute drive away! From there, travel to Hillsboro, downtown Portland, Portland International Airport, and more!
- There are a handful of great grocery options near our Tanasbourne apartments! Check out Whole Foods Market, just a 10 minute walk away, or Trader Joe’s, Safeway, or India Supermarket all located within 2 miles. Enjoy tremendous shopping and dining options at The Streets of Tanasbourne, just .4 miles away; a quick 8 minute walk!
- There’s no limit to the amount you can receive.
- You don’t have to be a current resident to participate in the program.
- You can refer a future resident to any of the communities managed by property management company Tandem Property Management, Inc., and earn the referral check! For a complete list of qualifying communities, click on the link.
- If you’re coming from Beaverton, heading west on OR-8, turn right onto SW 185th Ave and continue straight for 2.8 miles. Turn left onto NW Cornell and travel another .9 miles. You’ll pass the Streets of Tanasbourne and take a right onto Overlook Drive, just past NW 194th Terrance. Our beautifully-landscaped community is on the left!
- If you’re coming from Hillsboro, heading northeast on Cornell Road, take a left onto Overlook Drive. (This turn will be the first left after you’ve passed NW John Olsen Ave but right before the Streets of Tanasbourne shopping center.) Once you’ve turned left, our beautifully-landscaped community is on the left!
- If you’re coming from Portland, heading west on US-26, take exit 64 for 185th Ave toward PC-C-C-Rock Creek. Use the left 2 turn lanes to turn left on to NW 185th Ave and continue for .6 miles. At the fourth light, take a right on Cornell. Continue on NW Cornell Rd for .8 miles, past the Streets of Tanasbourne shopping center, and turn right onto Overlook Drive. Our beautifully-landscaped community is on the left!
I had a great experience at the Commons at Verandas! I was in Apartment building 20 on the 3rd floor. Despite having neighbors, it still felt very private and quiet. The ambiance was very serene as well, with a lot of trees surrounding our building. Being walking distance from the Tanasbourne market area was a plus as well :D Also, the office staff members, Hailey, Carly and Kaitlin, were extremely friendly and professional. I really appreciated how they made the office a welcoming atmosphere.- Karl M., Google
My wife and I requested service to be done in our apartment. Within a few days it was scheduled and completed. Nick, who completed the requests, was friendly and punctual! We are fortunate to have great maintenance workers at our complex! Thank you!- Anthony M., Google
Lived here for a while years and years ago. Honestly nice staff and the apartments are pretty decent, as are the amenities. Lots of green space nearby too.- Haneef M., Google
We stayed here for 1 year. We didn't face any problem. All amenities were new. Maintanence guys do a great job. Everything is fixed quickly, within a day or two of complaint raised. The property is very clean and very well maintained. The staff is very friendly. The stay was very good.- Apartments.com
Commons at verandas are perfect for commuters. Everything you need is in walking distance as well as easy access to Max & busses. Very safe community & office is very helpful. Maintenance is awesome. ILiving room is a little small but it's woth it to live in such a wonderful community. Most tenants pick up after their dogs so grounds are kept clean. For being a large complex it is pretty quiet.- Margaret G., Apartments.com
I love the staff. Moving in I had a real time crunch to work with but they found me something.. Perfect!! AND had the approval process done in minutes! I've never met a friendlier and more helpful staff than the ones at the Verandas. Even the maintenance is smiling and waves when I see them.. Love the atmosphere, the location, and our green landscape.. Couldn't be a happier tenant.- Apartments.com